Slow Cooker Beef Ragu with Pappardelle


I have found my new favourite slow cooker recipe. Actually, my new favourit recipe in general. 



I originally saw this dish whilst watching an episode of Nigel Slater's Dish of the Day, and thought it looked absolutely delicious. His recipe required slightly more work though and it used pork ribs instead of beef. I couldn't find any decent pork ribs in my local Morrisons, and to be honest, if I can find a slow cooker version of a dish, I'm going to use that recipe. It's just so much easier to put everything in a pot and let it slowly simmer for hours on end, getting incredibly tender, whilst you're out doing other things. 


This recipe is amazing. The beef was so tender, it just melted in your mouth and was so rich, comforting and satisfying. Adding a dollop of mascarpone on top really just added to the creaminess of the dish.

I never thought to have ragu with pasta, by the way! But it really works! I'm such a pasta person so this was a no brainer for me. Although it would work just as well just by itself with some crusty bread, or with mashed potatoes! And now that I've mentioned that, I'm craving it so badly... 


Please give this dish a go and let me know what you think! You won't regret it.

Comments

Popular Posts