Spanish Hash at Wild Honey!

As I've probably talked about in a previous post, there are certain restaurants that I have to eat in whenever I come to Singapore. Wild Honey is one of those places. I managed to convince my mum to take me there for lunch yesterday (I'm such a spoilt expat child I know.. As my dad said when we told him where we had been whilst he was stuck at work: "Lunch at Wild Honey... it must be nice to be Queen!")

I normally always have the same dish whenever I go there - the Corsican. It's an omelette filled with goat's cheese, sheep feta cheese, shredded basil leaves and a drizzle of lavender honey with grilled ciabatta. It is so good. The goat's cheese and feta cheese gives it this sharp flavour and the lavender honey just gives it this little hint of sweetness. 
However, when I went there with my mother yesterday I wasn't really in the mood for having an omelette so I decided to branch out (first P.S Cafe and now Wild Honey.. what is the world coming to?!) I decided instead to go for the Spanish Hash. Diced chorizo, house corned beef and potatoes, two poached eggs and lots of hollandaise sauce along with some brioche. 
To be perfectly honest it wasn't amazing. I mean don't get me wrong, it was really good, it just wasn't as good as some of their other dishes. However, the star of the show was definitely the brioche. It was so light and sweet and.. eugh so good! I could have eaten an entire loaf. Maybe next time I'm there I'll just order lots of their brioche!

My mother however, really enjoyed her lunch. She opted for the Under the Tuscan Sun sandwich instead of one of their breakfast items. It consisted of caramelised red onions, roasted red peppers, grilled portobello mushrooms, buffalo mozzarella and arugula puree on grilled ciabatta bread with breakfast potatoes. Sounds good right? Well she loved it. Plus their breakfast potatoes are amazing. 

The only downside about Wild Honey is that it is pretty expensive and no matter what you order, there is no way you will be able to finish it all. Every single time I have gone there I have never been able to finish whatever has been on my plate. But everything on their menu is really good! I would however recommend the Corsican over the Spanish Hash.

Comments

Popular Posts