Prince Charming

There's this quote I like which goes: "What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of how it is supposed to be." 
I think everybody has some sort of life planned out for themselves. And I think every little girl has this idea in her head of the man that she'll fall in love with and marry and creates this fairy tale romance which can only be broken. I certainly did. I had my life planned out and I knew who I wanted to share it with and no matter what anyone else said I knew that it would work out and we would be together and everything would be fine in the end. Unfortunately it didn't work out like that. And I wish so badly that it had. I wish that my feelings were different but distance is a bitch and I've changed so much since starting university that it just doesn't work anymore, no matter how hard I wished that it does. 
It sucks because I revolved my life around this person and this idea of how I thought our life was going to be. I don't really know what to do now that that has changed. I'm sure I'll figure it all out and everything will be fine, it'll just take some time. 
I was talking to one of my older sisters about this and she sent me this message that made me cry:
Your prince charming is out there and when he meets you, he will be so happy because he will know he has found the best girl in the world.

I think any girl feeling like their fairy tale romance is ruined should read this and try to take it in and remember it, because its true. It may not feel like it right now but one day you will get your prince charming and it will be amazing. 

Comments

Popular Posts