London!



So I recently got back from visiting my sister in London for the weekend. I had an amazing time. It was great to get away for a while and be utterly spoilt. I got some of my favourite food, including chicken and broccoli bake and a lamb roast with all the trimmings.





Doesn't this all look delicious?

I also got to have a bath this weekend which was amazing, because I've been craving a bath for ages. This makes it sound like a don't wash... I totally do! I just don't have a bath in my flat, only a shower so it was lovely being able to lie in the tub. Got to relax in the bubbles with candles and my music and a good book. I'm reading We Need to Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver and it is really good. Really interesting and kind of scary. The idea that you can give birth and have no emotional attachment to your child at all and the realisation that your child is in fact just pure evil. 
I also got to play and cuddle with Dexter all weekend (my sister's cat). He is absolutely gorgeous and the most disinterested cat in the world until you have food, in which case he is all over you.



My sister is getting married next summer so I got to go with her to see her wedding dress (I took a lot of pictures of her in the dress but she'd probably kill me if I put them on here) and her venue for her reception. It's being held in an all girl's boarding school and it is gorgeous. I got some really great pictures, but instead of boring you with them, I'll just a picture of the front of the building up.


All in all it was a great weekend and I'm missing my sister already!

Comments

Popular Posts