Soba!

So I met up with my sister in town on Saturday to exchange some boots that I got from Next a month ago which had developed a massive hole in them. Thankfully the shop assistant was really good about it and exchanged them right away even though we didn't have the receipt.

We were both starving so we decided to have lunch in town and instead of our usual wandering around, being unable to make a decision about where to go and wanting the other to decide, I knew exactly where I wanted to go. Soba. It's a cocktail bar that does amazing pan-Asian street food, and I know that my sister had never gone before.

The one we went to in town is tucked away down this alleyway off the main high street. I didn't even know it existed until a few months ago. Anyway, their menu is amazing. Everything on it sounds delicious and it takes ages to decide what you want because you will literally just want to try everything. We eventually settled on getting the Teriyaki Beef Noodles (yes, we both got the same thing) and they were as delicious as they sound. The noodles were cooked in a garlic soy sauce concoction and they had thinly sliced bits of beef with crunchy vegetables all mixed in with it... my mouth is watering just thinking about it. 
It made me crave the food in Singapore and I can't wait till I'm back at Easter so I can go to the hawker centres there. But until I'm back there, the food from Soba will do nicely!  



This place is really amazing and you should definitely go there to try some food that you probably wouldn't normally be eating. I highly recommend it :)  

Comments

Popular Posts