Chicken and Andouille Gumbo

I leave a week on Tuesday for my Euro-trip (so excited!!!) so I'm a bit addicted to travel blogs at the moment. I keep searching for posts about all the cities we're going to and all the pictures I see are so beautiful that I'm just getting more and more excited. I'm also insanely nervous but I'm trying not to focus on that.... 
Before I go on a complete travel-orientated blogging spree, I need to finish a few posts about meals that I've made recently.

Firstly, the insanely hot Chicken and Andouille Gumbo. Not even joking, this was the hottest thing I have ever tasted. I couldn't even manage to finish my bowl. Jordan somehow managed to eat two but he was actually crying. I ended up putting two cartons of natural yoghurt into the gumbo to try and cool it down but I couldn't even eat it after that. To be fair, I didn't have all of the spices that the recipe I used called for, so I mixed and matched different one's I had and I think I messed it up because I do not believe it should have been that hot. Beneath all the heat though it tasted really good. I'm going to have to make it again without putting as much spice into it because it would taste amazing if it was milder. 

I bought a cooked chicken from Morrisons for the gumbo which I didn't even know they sold but it was pretty handy. I used the rest of it to make chicken broth the next day (which did not work at all by the way). Also, I couldn't find andouille sausage so I used this pork and jalepeno sausage instead. Probably didn't help with the heat of the dish...


This was the end result! As I said, I'm going to make it again because it would be a really nice meal. I could taste it for a second before the heat hit and it was delicious.
If anyone wants to make this dish, here's the recipe: http://www.spoonforkbacon.com/2014/12/chicken-andouille-gumbo/

If anyone makes it and gets the heat ratio right, let me know how it tastes!




Comments

Popular Posts