Camembert Snowflake!

Before we get to this delicious little snack/starter...


... let me say a belated Merry Christmas! I hope you all had an amazing day and got thoroughly spoilt. I know I did!


Sorry for the late post but I'm just recently back at my flat and only now feel settled enough to sit down and write this.
Do you like my new Dr. Martens, by the way? I'm in love with them. They're a funky purple and gold Victorian wallpaper pattern [as my brother likes to call them]. They're so comfy as well! Pretty sure I've worn them everyday since getting back to the UK. 

But getting back to this camembert snowflake. I saw this recipe on Facebook, via the page 'Twisted', and showed it to my mum who loved it as much as I did. She asked me to make it for a starter for one of our many big family dinner's that we had in Ayr, and I happily obliged. 



My attempt looks a bit dodgy and not nearly as professional as the one in the recipe [this is it pre-baked by the way], but I do have an excuse for that! Other than it being quite tricky to twist the filled puff pastry, the pastry used in the recipe is circularly shaped whereas the puff pastry we had was rectangular. I could have cut it into a circle to begin with but it would have ended up being tiny which we didn't want, so I tried to work with the shape I had. It was quite pernickety and I ended up with different length 'snowflakes'. But it was definitely worth it. 


Puff pastry, crispy bacon bits, cranberry jam, melted camembert and rosemary. What's not to love! Clearly it was a hit as I couldn't get a picture before people started tearing into it. I actually made 3 because there were so many of us. But there wasn't much leftover...


Next time you're hosting a dinner party or having some friends over, give this recipe a try!

Comments

Popular Posts