The Book Barn, CT/RI

For anyone who is a book lover and is in the area of Connecticut/Rhode Island, you have to visit The Book Barn in Niantic, CT. 


Whilst there are 4 different locations dotted around the area, the one in Niantic is by far the best. I was expecting, as the name suggests, a barn full of books, but it was so much more than that. There was a main house and then a few more shed's and huts placed around a garden area, all filled to the brim with books. Any books you could think of. And they were all $1! 


It was amazing. I loved it so much. Not only am I a book lover and so this place appealed to my literary side, I am also an animal lover which was great because the book barn had goats that you could hand feed, but it was also home to a number of cats who were so used to visitors that you could go up and stroke them and they wouldn't bat an eyelid. The barn has a leaflet with all the different cats on it, including their names and their usual hang out places around the book barn so you can go and find them.

If you want to have a browse around the book barn, but you don't want to drag around your unenthusiastic young kids, don't fear! The book barn has an outside playground that kids can go and have a run around on whilst you go and search out that book you've been wanting to read forever. 


Its easy to spend hours at this place and I could easily have spent the whole day there. It was so relaxing to be surrounded by nature and books and cats. 



Good thing I didn't stay there longer though, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to carry all the books I would have bought back to Glasgow! I already bought 6!

If anyone is near this book barn, or even if you're not, it is definitely worth the road trip to come and visit this place. I was in Westerly RI, but it was only a half an hour drive there and it was so worth it. It is so quaint and relaxing and it will make you fall in love with books all over again.

Comments

Popular Posts