Christmas Post!

Belated Merry Christmas to everyone! I hope everyone had a great day and got spoilt rotten and ate loads of yummy food and drank loads of Christmas drinks and just had an amazing time in general! This is the obligatory Christmas post, telling everyone about the great time I had!

Should probably start off my post with my flight to Singapore seeing as thats when the Christmas presents started to arrive!

As you can see from that picture... I managed to get an upgrade! Not just one mind you, but two! I got upgraded for both legs of my flight! From Glasgow to Dubai and then from Dubai to Singapore. Because I fly to and from Singapore so much I thought it would be a good idea to get an Emirates card and I've had it for a while now. Its a great idea if you know you're going to be flying a lot because you rack up points which can get you free flights or upgrades, so anyone flying a lot with the same airline should definitely look into getting one of their members cards!
Anyway, because I have an Emirates card, I'm at the higher end of the list of people that could get upgraded if the flight is overbooked which it was in this case, so.... lucky me! I got upgraded! Not only is the food amazing in Business Class but the major thing about it is that you get a seat that can fold all the way down so you can lie flat which it makes it so much easier to sleep on long flights. As you can probably tell, I was a happy bunny and it was a great way to start off my Christmas break. 





We have a tradional family Christmas movie which we watch every year - Miracle on 34th Street (the newer one with Richard Attenborough in it, not the original). So thats what we did on Christmas Eve after church. We all snuggled up and watched the movie together. It was amazing, as per usual and it was a good way to try and calm the kids down before they had to go to sleep because they were so hyper! Obviously they were majorly excited about Santa coming!









I was expecting to be woken up at some ungodly hour on Christmas morning but I was actually the first one awake! I woke up and went downstairs to get a drink, expecting to run into Faith and John on my way but I peeked into their rooms and they were still fast asleep! As I snuck downstairs I took a picture of the living room - Santa had definitely come! I was very pleased with my pile of presents.





My main presents were my Apple TV Box and my wireless keyboard. I will most certainly be using those all the time when I'm back in Glasgow! I also got two boxes of bath bombs from my Aunt and Uncle so I'll be having loads of nicely coloured and smelly, bubbly baths! Basically all of my stocking fillers were beauty related. I got heart shaped bath beads from Sephora, eye-make-up remover and nail varnish remover from Sephora, a Sephora 'Perfect Night Out' eye set which includes black pencil eyeliner, gold liquid eyeliner and black volume mascara, a waterproof mascara from Sephora, and three OPI nail varnishes; one in a deep pink colour, one in a very dark purple called 'Lincoln Park After Dark' and one in a light brown colour called 'You Don't Know Jacques!' I also got a Clarisonic set which included a deep pore brush head and faciail sonic cleansing machine, deep pore daily cleanser and a decongesting clay mask. I've used it already and its really good for your skin! I also got vanilla creme brulee scrub and body lotion from the Body Shop and it smells amazing. I could eat it, it smells so good! 





I also got loads of really nice clothes! I got these two midi skirts and cropped jumper sets in black and grey from Missguided...






.... this red checked dress and grey fitted jumper dress from Missguided (both of which were on my Christmas wish list)....





.... and this gold and pink leopard print combo outfit and black and white shorts and jacket combo from Missguided. 





I also got a gold and black leopard print dress, a black playsuit and a green and black skirt from Urban Outfitters which I picked out for myself. I think the dress is going to be my New Years Eve dress!





I got this green jumper from American Eagle and maroon boots from Public Desire from my sister, Megan. I love them! I got two lipsticks from my other sister, Colleen but I don't have pictures of them on yet so I'll make another post about those soon!



The day started off on a strong note with a Christmas cocktail made by my mum.... She filled the entire bottom dipped section with gin and then the tiny top part of the glass was a 50/50 mixture of champage and cranberry juice. It took me ages to drink because it was so strong! The playsuit that I'm wearing in the picture with my mum was another Christmas present - its from Urban Outfitters as well.  Whilst sipping on our cocktails, we watched Frozen with the kids.



And who could forget Christmas dinner. Probably the best part of the day. My dad did it all himself! I helped by setting the table (look how pretty it looks) and making the starter which was salmon roulade (salmon with cream cheese inside), on a bed of lettuce. The main part of dinner was the best though. Turket, stuffing, pigs in blankets, carrots, green beans, roast potatoes, parsnips, brussels sprouts with bacon bits, cranberry sauce and lots of gravy... mmmmmmm. It was amazing.




After the kids were in bed, me and my parents settled down and watched White Christmas. A Christmas-y classic to finish off the day with. Even though my older sisters weren't here this year it was still a great day.

What did everyone else do for Christmas? What presents did you get? What was our favourite part of the day? Would love to hear from you!



Comments

Popular Posts