My Favourite Recipes!

One of my New Year Resolutions is to cook more.

Since starting my second year at uni I've really gotten into cooking. Probably because I'm in a flat with friends so we have our own kitchen, whereas last year I was in catered accommodation. Plus, cooking is a great way to procrastinate!

I thought I'd share with you some of my favourite recipes that I've tried so far. I'll post new recipes that I haven't tried yet and comments with pictures on my attempts at making them later on.

Pasta Bake [as my and my flatmate Ashleigh like to call it - it's actually Baked Gnocchi with Bacon, Tomato and Mozzarella]
http://simply-delicious.co.za/2013/07/16/baked-gnocchi-with-bacon-tomato-and-mozzarella/
Oh my goodness. This was so good. Definitely one of my favourite meals I've made. Ashleigh loved it too. It's so easy to make but it's so delicious. I made it without bacon because we didn't have any in the fridge at the time (unheard of for us - we normally have an endless supply of bacon) but I really can't imagine it making this dish any better. So good.

Salmon with Peanut Sauce Noodles
http://juliasalbum.com/2013/06/asian-fish-and-peanut-sauce-noodles-recipe/
I eat quite a lot of salmon at uni. You can get a pack with about 6 fillets in it at Iceland and it's pretty cheap. I made this cause I was craving some sort of Asian inspired dish and I had a tub of peanut butter in the cupboard that I had yet to use. I actually cooked this without the glaze for the salmon (simply because I was too lazy to make it), but it was still really good.

Chicken in Mustard-Cream Sauce
http://www.marthastewart.com/318298/sauteed-chicken-in-mustard-cream-sauce?czone=food/dinner-tonight-center/dinner-tonight-main-courses&center=276948&gallery=275660&slide=257637
My mum makes something very similar to this a lot. As well as salmon, I eat a lot of chicken at uni. There's just so much you can do with it! I love this recipe because it's just so easy to make. After a long day at uni you don't want to put too much effort into your dinner and this takes no time at all. Also, it's so tasty.

Cajun Chicken Pasta
http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/02/cajun-chicken-pasta-on-lighter-side.html
I made this for my sister and her fiance one night and it was really good. Really filling as well. It took a bit of time to make, but it wasn't complicated and it was worth it!

Cheesy Chicken, Bacon, Broccoli and Rice
http://www.kevinandamanda.com/recipes/dinner/cheesy-chicken-bacon-broccoli-and-rice.html
This was a really yummy meal. I made the mistake of putting too much cheese in the sauce so it was really rich and you couldn't eat too much of it, but if I hadn't have done that, this would have been perfect.

P.S. Cafe copycat Bacon, Tomato and Pea Pasta
http://dairyfreecooking.about.com/od/pastarecipes/r/Weeknight-Pasta.htm
Okay, so. When I'm in Singapore I always go to P.S. Cafe with Millie and Jess (my best friends from school there) and all three of us always get the same meal. Without fail. It's this smokey tomato rigatoni dish and it is just... Amazing. Well, I was really craving it when I was at uni and I stumbled across this recipe and thought.. I'll just take out the bits I don't want, and put in ingredients that I do! So instead of using spinach in the recipe, I put in peas, and I replaced the mushrooms with bacon. Was so good. Not quite as good as the one from P.S. Cafe, but it'll do whilst I'm at uni!

In case the links to the blogs where all these recipes are from was not a good enough hint, none of these recipes are mine! They all belong to the blogs I found them on. And props to them for coming up with them because they are all delicious and have filled me up whilst I was at uni.

Comments

Popular Posts