Carrot, Chilli and Coconut Soup!

Inspired by one of the soup recipes at Naked Soup and the Biere Halle, I searched online for a similar recipe and stumbled upon this one - carrot, chilli and coconut soup. A great sweet and spicy soup!


Seeing as the cold weather is setting in, there is nothing better than the idea of snuggling up on the couch with a bowl of hot, homemade soup. And instead of relying on the same old boring recipes, it's nice to try a new one that has an interesting mix of flavours.

Carrot soup by itself is already pretty sweet so the addition of the coconut milk really adds to the sweetness factor. The chilli's and chilli powder balance this out by giving it a kick but it's best to add a good amount of salt and pepper so it's not too sweet. Unless you're really into sweet soups in which case ignore what I just said.


As I said, because the cold weather is setting in it's really starting to feel like Christmas (even though it's still like 2 months away) and I'm loving having to wrap up when I go out and drinking copious amounts of tea and snuggling up on the couch watching seasonal movies. I'm currently wrapped up in a blanket watching Love Actually, one of my favourite movies and a great Christmas movie. The only thing not so good about this cold weather is when you're cold inside the flat - it's like an invasion of privacy. The cold weather should not be in my humble abode!

Comments

Popular Posts