Drygate Brewery: Glasgow!

Anyone in Glasgow or planning on visiting soon, I have the perfect day out for you!

My flatmate, Ashleigh, works as a tour guide for the Tennents's brewery on Duke Street and I decided to go on the last tour [the 6pm tour] that she was taking before we went out for dinner with another friend at the Drygate Brewery right down the road. 
I know that she works there and therefore I'm a tiny bit biased but it is actually a really good tour! Plus, you get a free pint and 4 tasters at the end of it so its a great couple of hours for anyone who loves beer! Even if you don't [like me], its still a great tour! Plus, you can tie it in with a lunch/dinner at the Drygate Brewery straight after!


Anyone going here should definitely try the elderflower cider. I asked for a strawberry cider and the waitress suggested an elderflower cider instead so I thought I'd give it a whirl and oh my goodness, it was so good. It's fruity and herbal and fairly sweet. Just so delicious. But on to the food!


I had their soup of the day to start [we decided to go all out and have a couple of courses each] and it was amazing. Carrot, coriander and coconut. It was one of the best soups I've ever had I think! So yummy.


I had the Drygate beef burger & jerk ox cheek for my main course which is pretty surprising for anyone who knows me cause I'm really not a burger person but I had really been craving it for a few days by this point. It was alright. To be honest, I didn't think it tasted like much and the jerk ox cheek was a lot spicier than I thought it would be so it was just this kind of hot, bland taste in my mouth. Although I'm not a burger person so maybe that was the problem. The rest of the menu looked good though! And my amazing starter more than made up for it. 

Even without it being the best burger ever, it was still a great day. Great tour with a nice meal out afterwards with some drinks :) Good way to spend a Wednesday night in Glasgow!

Comments

Popular Posts