I'm feeling 22! Alston Bar & Beef and The Howlin' Wolf [Glasgow]

It was my birthday yesterday!  #i'mfeeling22

It started off with me getting some really nice presents from my flatmate/bestie in the morning :)


A cute travel railcard ticket poster, a really pretty jewelery box  and a Mary Berry cook book! They were the perfect presents :)

It's exam time soon so I had to revise for a lot of the day but I met my sister at 6:30 and she took me out for dinner at Alston Bar & Beef under Glasgow Central. It is so nice there and oh my goodness, the food is amazing. 

I had the cauliflower soup to begin with and it was so creamy and garlicy and amazing and came with a really nice brioche roll.


And then I had steak frites for my main and oh. my. goodness. I haven't had steak in ages and I'd been craving it for a while and it was amazing. 


It was covered with garlic butter and it was just the best thing ever. Alston's known not only for their gin cocktails, but also for their carefully sourced Scottish steak so you know it's gotta be good.  

If anyone wants a place to go to in Glasgow for a special dinner, I would definitely recommend Alston's. Because it's all underground, it has a really 'secret' and 'elite' vibe to it with really nice mood lighting. Not to mention that, but like I said, the food is amazing.

After dinner I met up with some friends at The Howlin' Wolf on Bath St. I went there for the first time a few weeks ago and it was so much fun. And last night was just the same! It's a really cool bar that does live blues music every night [hence the name Howlin' Wolf i.e. the famous Chicago blues singer]. It does food as well if you want a quick bite with your drinks. The band that was playing last night, The Easy Winners, were so good. I loved the guys voice who was singing. Combining that with a bunch of friends and drinks, it was such a good night :) As you can probably tell from the following picture...


If anyone else had a birthday yesterday, happy birthday!
 

Comments

Popular Posts